inxi :: a full featured system information script
Page Version: 2.0.0 Page Updated: 2015-08-23
- about inxi – history, thanks, and reviews
- inxi usage – information about using inxi and inxi in IRC clients
- inxi FAQs – some answers on issues related to using inxi
- inxi github sources – post issues, clone, or just look at the inxi source code. Includes other branches etc. Note that the master branch is the main branch (what was trunk in svn). Other branches may have things of interest as well, like data, tarballs, etc.
- inxi man page – html version of man page
- inxi options – supported options you can use with inxi
- inxi tech info – technical inxi matters – dependencies (required programs) and recommends (recommended but not required programs to run inxi); programming conventions; script configuration; specific components; irc client information.
Related inxi information and projects:
- video of inxi – a fan's video running inxi in Ubuntu
- guanxi – an alpha (work in progress, slowly) gui front end to inxi
Help! Post any inxi related question's you may have on the inxi support forums, or on IRC - server: OFTC channel: #smxi
But please read the information here on the documentation pages first, almost everything you need to know should be available on this site. For more technical issues, create an issue on the source repositories.
Inxi is developed to work on most GNU/Linux distributions. The script comes pre-installed in SolusOS, Crunchbang, Epidemic, Linux Mint and AntiX. Arch Linux has the inxi package in their Community Repos. We hope, as more maintainers and users discover and find inxi a nice tool, it will find its place in more distributions.
See inxi options here for list of options. Always check inxi -h to get the full list of the latest options (the wiki page may become outdated).
Feedback and Bug Reports
For us to help you the best, please make sure to include all relevant system data and output when you post bug reports. inxi includes built in data collection tools you can run that create either log files or more full system data. See inxi -h, the -@ series of options for more information. Usually the more of your system data we can get, the more easily we can fix the failed case, which is our goal.
Post any related issues or developer type questions in the script developer forums.
Or, Create an Issue to post bug reports or feature request.
The Origins of inxi
inxi is a full rewrite of locsmif's infobash script. h2 is the primary author, with ongoing contributions from trash80.
The original infobash scripting methods were not debuggable, readable, or maintainable, so we forked the script.
We started with a set of bug fixes and code readability updates. Then, once the potential became exposed, we added more features. The rewrites far exceeded the original utility, thus the inxi project began.
Have you hugged a penguin today?